FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G
Ultralight, versatile wide-angle power zoom
Sony’s vast expertise brings you the world’s lightest full frame F4 wide-angle power-zoom lens, giving today’s content creators refined imagery, expression and control. A new power zoom system in a compact lens is suitable for small crews or solo shooting. It is ideal for stills too, with beautiful G lens™ rendering and astonishing AF (autofocus) performance.
Evolved image quality
This compact, lightweight, full-frame constant F4 wide-angle power zoom lens delivers superb G Lens image quality. It includes two AA (advanced aspherical) elements, a Super ED (Extra-low Dispersion) element and an ED element to effectively suppress distortion and aberration.
Smooth power zoom with rapid response
A new power zoom system driven by four XD (Extreme Dynamic) Linear Motors for the first time in an Alpha lens provides smooth control with the immediacy of manual zoom. Even subtle zoom ring rotation is precisely detected and instantaneously converted to zoom operation. A continuously variable zoom lever makes it easy to execute super-slow constant-speed zooms, and zoom can be remotely controlled even while the camera is mounted on a gimbal.
Designed for refined movie imagery
In addition to smooth, versatile power zoom, this remarkably compact lens minimizes angle of view shifts that can occur when focusing and axial shifts when zooming so that stable, high quality movie footage can be easily captured. Focus, zoom and aperture operation are also extremely quiet, greatly reducing noise and vibration that can interfere with movie recording.
XD Linear Motors deliver stunning AF performance
Two XD (Extreme Dynamic) Linear Motors deliver high thrust for quick, quiet, low vibration autofocus while maintaining compact lens dimensions. Tenacious, reliable AF can smoothly track subjects while shooting high frame rate photos or movies. With a compatible camera, it is possible to maintain accurate focus while shooting stills continuously at up to 30 frames per second and movies up to 120fps. Subjects are smoothly tracked even while zooming.
Naturally rendered bokeh and excellent close-up performance
A 7 bladed circular aperture and well controlled spherical aberration deliver natural, smooth bokeh. Minimum focusing distance of just 9.5-inch (0.24 m) with 0.23x maximum magnification and constant length make this lens an excellent choice for close-up photography.
- The world’s lightest full-frame F4 wide-angle power-zoom lens
- Outstanding resolution in an ultralight compact G Lens (353 g / 12.5 oz)
- Power zoom using 4 XD Linear Motors for responsive operation and control
- Reduced focus breathing/shift for refined movie imagery
- Fast, precise, quiet AF and tracking by 2 XD Linear Motors for movies and stills
- Naturally rendered bokeh and excellent close-up performance (min focus 9.5”)
- Consistent balance for easy handling with internal focus and zoom structures
- Focus, zoom and aperture rings with lock and click on/off functions
- Constant or variable zoom speed from lens or compatible cameras/remotes
- Dust and moisture resistant design and front fluorine coating for reliability