Politique de remboursement
Returns, Refunds & Exchanges
You may return most new, factory-sealed or open “like-new” merchandise purchased from The Sony Shop, within 15 days of shipment, for a refund. You may exchange most new, factory-sealed or open “like-new” merchandise within 15 days of shipment. Unfortunately, original shipping charges incurred cannot be refunded.
PLEASE NOTE: Products must be new, factory sealed, and show no signs of use or installation or The Sony Shop will refuse the return or charge a 20% restocking fee.
Bonus products, promotional bundles, free accessories, loyalty points, gift cards or other products that are not returned, but were included in a promotion with the product returned, will be deducted at the value of their full individually listed price from any credit or refund issued. Similarly, promotional products that are returned without their corresponding bundled product may not be credited.
If you "Just don’t like it!" or "Orders listed with Free Shipping"
We will accept your return as long as you pay for the return shipping and restocking fee equal to the actual shipping costs incurred to ship the product to you. These fees are charged in order to keep item prices consistently low and are based on the actual cost of shipping.
Final Sale Items - Unfortunately, we are unable to accept returns or exchanges on the following items:
- Special Order Items.
- Any Television that is deemed to fall under the manufacturers “pinched panel” policy that is damaged from mishandling of the product. It is at the sole discretion of the manufacturer to refuse to replace or warranty any TV deemed to be a “pinched panel” . Call the store for full details before unpacking a television to review the “pinched panel” policy and procedure for unpacking ALL televisions. Handling instructions to avoid “pinched panel” issues are included with the shipment of the television. Please take extreme care in handling your television and review with anyone who might be unpacking or installing your TV for you.
- Products with an altered serial number or UPC other than what was fulfilled on your original order.
- Products that are missing the original manufacturer’s packaging or original packaging has been damaged or tampered with.
- AV furniture or TV / speaker mounts that have been assembled / installed or removed from its original packaging.
- Consumables in the form of batteries, lamps, software, turntable styli or light bulbs.
- Damaged turntable styli out of the box are referred to the manufacturer for warranty validity.
- No returns will be accepted on any opened headphones or earbuds for sanitary reasons.
- Installed car audio products or custom home installed products.
- Installed speakers or subwoofers.
- Any sign of use – including installation, scratches, or other signs of use such as physical marking, painted grills, screw holes, cut wires or similar would not be returnable.
- Mounted or used sub-woofer enclosures and speaker boxes.
- Blown, punctured or fried speakers, sub-woofers and amplifiers. In this case the replacement or warranty is referred to the manufacturer for validity.
Troubleshooting – Before returning your purchase, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Have you tried turning it off and on again?
- If you need setup help or technical assistance, please call our team of experts toll-free at 1-844-513-7793 for professional help during regular store hours.
- Have you checked the troubleshooting tips provided in the owner’s manual? There are usually great suggestions from the manufacturer listed there that answer frequently asked questions
Before initiating a return please follow the important guidelines listed below:
- Please call us first at 1-844-513-7793 so we can provide you with an RMA number.. Shipping and handling to return an item is the responsibility of the customer. We recommend using an insured and track-able shipping method as we cannot be responsible for anything lost or damaged on its way back to us.
- Refunds will be issued in the same manner as the original form of payment (Credit Card).
- Original shipping charges are non-refundable.
- Please note that additional fees may apply in the event of missing parts or accessories.
- All returns/exchanges must be accompanied by the original receipt (invoice) from your purchase.
- Please ship your return to the address provided with your RMA#.
- For assistance, you can reach us Toll Free: 1-844-513-7793
Replacement or Returns of Damaged or Defective Items
When you receive your shipment, we ask that you examine it closely prior to opening the factory sealed product packaging.
If there is any evidence of external damage, please, first call The Sony Shop toll free at 1-844-513-7793 or locally at 905-305-3442 and then refuse the shipment, once verified by The Sony Shop service department and mark it on the bill of lading that it was refused due to the damage. Any shortage or damage must be reported within 48 hours of delivery by calling 1-844-513-7793 and email us at email@example.com
Manufacturer’s Defective merchandise will be replaced within 30 days of purchase with a comparable item upon return of the manufacturer’s defective merchandise. All defective items will be opened and inspected by The Sony Shop to verify manufacturers defects. If it is found to not be defective it will be returned to the customers at their expense. Shipping charges will be at our expense in the case of a manufacturer’s defective item. Please unpack and inspect your shipment within 48 hours of delivery. If there are any internal shipping damages please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call us Toll Free: 1-844-513-7793 or Local: 905-305-3442. There are no further claims allowed for internal damage after the 48 hours of receiving your shipment. All items considered for replacement must be returned in the original packaging with all packaging materials and accessories.
Returning New & “Like-New” Items
The Sony Shop will accept returns of factory-sealed or open “like-new” merchandise within the terms of our policy. Refunds will be made in the same manner as the original form of payment (Credit Card). Please note that additional fees may apply in the event of missing parts or accessories. Refunds and or Exchanges are valid 15 days from the original shipment date.
Returning TVs & Other Large Items
We recommend that you keep ALL original packing material for at least 15 days in case you need to return or exchange the item, and for the length of the warranty period in case it needs to be shipped.
- If your package was damaged in shipping:
- A) We’ll have our carrier contact you to schedule a return.
- B) If the package was obviously damaged at the time of delivery, please call us at 1-844-513-7793 or 905-305-3442 to review details with us and right away and then refuse the delivery.
If your TV / Large Item doesn’t seem to function properly:
We’ll gladly help troubleshoot and determine how to solve the problem over the phone at 1-844-513-7793 during regular business hours. If we can’t help solve the problem by phone, we’ll arrange for service to assess the television / large item. If the sales representative can’t resolve the issue, we’ll have our carrier contact you to schedule an exchange or return.
If you just don’t like it:
We will accept your return; so long as you pay for the return shipping and any associated processing fees. You’ll also need to package the product in its original box with all of the original packing materials, accessories and outer box if necessary. We’ll have our carrier contact you to schedule an exchange or return. Original shipping charges incurred are also non-refundable.
Returns to Our Warehouse
Please Note: Due to Covid-19, this service is currently unavailable. We will update this section when we are able to offer it again.
If you live in or around the Markham, Ontario area and would like to return your item to our warehouse to avoid shipping, please follow the steps below to exchange an item or obtain a refund:
- Please email email@example.com to setup a return with an RMA #.
- Make sure to include all factory-packed accessories in the original box, with all UPC and barcodes intact (incomplete returns may be subject to additional fees and possible restocking charges or refusal of the return / refund).
- Please bring a copy of the original sales receipt or invoice for fast processing
- Bring your package to our warehouse, using the shipping entrance at the rear of the building.
- The Sony Shop will open, inspect and test the item while you wait so please allow yourself some time when returning or exchanging items in store. In some cases up to an hour.
Our store location:
The Sony Shop
90 Royal Crest Court
Shipping Your Return
Please follow the steps below for a successful return or refund:
- Please call us first at 1-844-513-7793 or 905-305-3442 so we can give you a (RMA) Return Material Authorization. Packages returned without an RMA number will be refused. Your RMA number is valid for 5 days. Shipping costs incurred, if applicable, are the responsibility of the customer and the deduction will be the equivalent to actual shipping costs incurred for that item.
- Make sure to include all factory-packed accessories in the original carton, with all UPC and barcodes intact (incomplete returns may be subject to additional fees or refusal of the return).
- Return Merchandise must be packaged and shipped as you received it, with no writing on the manufacturer’s box. Please call us at 1-844-513-7793 or 905-305-3442 if you have questions.
Please choose a shipping carrier, or call The Sony Shop to review the process and ship your package to the following address:
The Sony Shop
90 Royal Crest Court
IMPORTANT: In order for us to process any refund, return or exchange we will require your original receipt from The Sony Shop.
Please note that unless you have purchased a refurbished B-Stock product (will be clearly specified at the time of your purchase and on your invoice), The Sony Shop only ships brand new, factory sealed products from our store. This is done to eliminate any possibility of miscommunication when a product is being returned for a refund or exchange. For items returned in-store or mailed in, we will verify that the product meets the criteria listed above with regard to original condition and packaging. Once we have verified this, we will process your refund or exchange (shipping or delivery charges incurred are non-refundable).
If you have any doubts or concerns about your purchase, the knowledgeable staff at The Sony Shop will be happy to help.
Please call us Toll Free: 1-844-513-7793 or Local: 905-305-3442 with any questions about the item(s) you intend to purchase. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.