FE 35mm F1.4 GM
The 35mm F1.4 GM features a superior optical design, including two XA (Extreme Aspherical) elements and an ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element that deliver outstanding corner-to-corner resolution, even wide open. The 11-blade circular F1.4 aperture mechanism creates beautiful bokeh that is a hallmark of the G Master series. Fast focusing is attained through the XD (Extreme Dynamic) linear focus drive system. This lens sports class-leading size and weight, providing great handling and mobility.
- Compact wide prime lens w/ stunning G Master bokeh and resolution
- F1.4 max aperture for extraordinary brightness and depth of field
- Two (XA) Extreme Aspheric elements for stunning resolution
- ED (Extra-low dispersion) glass element reduce chromatic aberration
- Nano AR coating II suppresses reflections, flare and ghosting
- 11-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
- Two XD Extreme Dynamic Linear motors for fast, precise autofocus
- Linear response MF for precise manual focus control
- Compact, lightweight design: ideal for both full-frame and APS-C
- 10.6” min. focus distance up to 0.23x magnification for close-up shots
- Built for both worlds: Ideal for still and video creators
- Instant auto/manual focus selection via AF/MF switch
- Manual aperture ring w/ selectable on/off click for stills or movie
- Programmable focus hold button for multiple custom functions
- Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability
- Fluorine front-element coating helps repel dirt and fingerprints
Advanced Optical Performance
The FE 35mm F1.4 GM delivers incredible G Master quality and performance in a compact and lightweight design, ideal for any occasion. Using Sony’s most advanced optical design and manufacturing technology, it delivers extraordinary resolution and gorgeous bokeh with precision focus performance. Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements, an ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element and Nano AR coating II all contribute to high-contrast, high-resolution results with corner-to-corner sharpness and dramatically reduce chromatic aberration, flea and ghosting.
F1.4 max aperture
The F1.4 max aperture provides extraordinary brightness and depth of field, allowing you to isolate your subject from the foreground and background with amazing light gathering capabilities when shooting wide open. The unique combination of wide F1.4 aperture with 11 circular aperture blades and two XA (extreme aspherical) lens elements deliver on the G Master promise of ultra-sharp in focus areas of your image with beautiful soft defocused bokeh. The fast F1.4 aperture is not only good for shallow depth of field, but ideal for situations that require more advanced light gathering capabilities like indoor, night and astral photography, making this lens perfect for any occasion.
Two XA (Extreme Aspherical) lens element
The FE 35mm F1.4 GM incorporates two extremely precise XA (extreme aspherical) elements - manufactured to 0.01-micron surface precision - in an innovative optical design that achieves stunning G Master resolution throughout the image area, while delivering smooth, creamy bokeh in out-of-focus areas. Two XA elements compensate for coma, field curvature, and astigmatism, that can be problems with wide-angle large-aperture optics. These elements also enable closer focusing distance and contribute to the compact and lightweight design.
Beautiful, natural-looking bokeh
While the two XA elements effectively suppress onion ring bokeh, the 11-blade circular aperture maximizes the beauty of this large-aperture prime-lens, contributing to impressive images in which the subject stands out against a smoothly defocused foreground and background, as well as perfectly round points of defocused light. Conventional aperture blades have flat sides that create unappealing, polygonal-shaped defocused points of light. This lens overcome this problem through a unique design that keeps the aperture almost perfectly circular from its wide-open setting to when it is closed by 2 stops. Smoother, more natural defocusing can be obtained as a result.
An ED glass element
An ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element significantly reducing flare and ghosting by taking axial chromatic aberration and chromatic aberration (due to differences in magnification) out of the picture. Resolution and bokeh is maximized while leaving precisely rendered edges with no fringing or unnatural coloration right out to the image edges.